On Sunday I had a talk during sacrament. It was about How to Bring the Spirit Into the Home. I was never nervous. I mean, I have done a play with about 5x more people. I've also have done a talk in payson with about 3x more people. I think there was nearly 100+ people there. I just wasn't never nervous.
Making my talk was exhausting. I didn't know that it took that many steps to make a talk. I kind of like it better dad's way, but I won't. First my mom researched about my topic. Then I had to come up with things without looking at what my mom got out of the Internet. Then I expanded what I came up with. After that we put all of the things I made up and the stuff out of the Internet together. Then we printed it. It was a nice talk. When I told my talk to my family, It took 6 mins.
These are the 13 things I talked about.
1. Being willing to go and being helpful in Family home evenings.
2. Scripture Study by our self and as a family.
3. Pray as a family and by yourself.
4. eat dinner as a family
5. Do activities as a family.
6. Keep the sabbath day holy.
7. go to church meeting, firesides, and activities
8. Obey your parents.
9. Treat people nicely and don't fight with each other.
10. Serve your family and others often.
11. Cheerfully do your chores.
12. Be supportive of you family
13. Spend time with family members.
I expanded a lot of them. I even put in stores and my life experiences in this talk as well. I had a great time telling my talk to all of them.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is a wonderful talk Daniel. Wish I could have heard it. Thanks for sharing it here.
ReplyDeleteGOOD JOB, Daniel!! It's always scary giving talks but the MORE you do it the easier it gets!!!! Are you going to be in theater at the jr. high there too? Fill us in! Bye! Jenny
ReplyDeleteGreat talk. Lots of good things to talk about. I like to brainstorm like that at first. Sometimes I throw out things that aren't as important and expand on the things I like. So what is dad's way?
ReplyDeleteHI DANIEL good job on the talk. I wish I had enough nerves as you. love ya tell every one else i love them
ReplyDelete