On Friday I went to the Boston temple. It was a hour drive to the temple from the church. I did Baptism for the dead and Confirmations. I was 3rd to last to do it all. First I did Confirmations. It took abit longer than I thought it would. I have done this before but it still seemed long. After that I got ready for Baptism for the dead. I did 10 names. One of them had the same birthday as Nathan. The water was hot. I still remember my baptism. The water was cold then. On the way back I stopped with all of the deacons for diner at 9:30. The only thing open was MC Donald's. I had a Angus beef hamburger that had bacon and some other things. Also I had a Oreo MC flurry.
So far in school I've done OK. I'm getting good grades and I'm makeing freinds. A few things I've learned is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. Which is to be scared of long words. I don't know how to say that word. It has 36 letters in it. Another word that I have learned is Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. Which is a disease of inhaling coal. It has 45 letters in that one! I think the first one is a bit of a joke of being scared of long words. Maybe even ironic.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those are great words. They weren't in my dictionary so I googled them:
ReplyDeleteMain Entry: hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
Part of Speech: n
Definition: fear of long words
and:
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis Pronunciation
[noo-muh-noh-uhl-truh-mahy-kruh-skop-ik-sil-i-koh-vol-key-noh-koh-nee-oh-sis, nyoo-] Show IPA
–noun an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.